inspired by the book “True Food“. The recommended fish is Sable but as it is unavailable in France I chose the second suggested fish: Salmon
Ingredients: (serves 4 to 6)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 6 ounces asparagus cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces grated Gruyère or Emmental cheese
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 6 to 8 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Add the milk and whisk thoroughly. Add the bread cubes and let soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large oven proof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek and sauté until the pieces begin to soften. Add the asparagus and sauté for 1 minute. Season with the salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the leeks…
View original post 489 more words