March 12. The Spring was expected but, instead, the snow arrived from Scandinavia. Luckily a few days before, this wonderful book came from the USA in a package sent by my darling daughter, Carine!
I spent a lot of time looking at all recipes with their beautiful pictures and finally to fight the cold weather, I chose this yummy Egyptian Soup and its caramelized onions.
Ingredients: (serves 4 – 6)
- 2 1/2 cups (1 pound) red lentils (the orange ones, which indicate that they have been hulled).
- 8 cups (1,9 liters) filtered water or broth of your choice.
- 1 medium/large yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- 3-6 medium garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced by hand or in a garlic press.
- 2 teaspoons cumin.
- Caramelized onions (see below).
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling.
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges.
- In a large pot, add the red…
View original post 739 more words